Today I am going to share some english expressions I have learned.
- Hoist with one’s own petard, means that one is injured by the device that was intended to injure others.
- Write in Janet and John style, mean write it easy like for kids.
- Have a memory like a sieve. This one needs no explanation as it is the same in German, French and Croatian.
- Be a red herring, means that something is a clue intended to be misleading.
- From grain to bread is used when you build something from start to finish.
- Know your onions, means that someone is very knowledgeable about something.
- Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched, means that you should not count with something that is not yet happened.